REASONS TO GIVE
CCCS is an organization larger in scope than just a few buildings and students. It includes faculty, staff, students, alumni, grandparents and friends. As you consider your charitable giving options, CCCS provides an opportunity to impact another generation of our youth. We want to raise up a generation that will truly make a difference in their workplaces, schools, and communities.
- Facility Improvements. The CCCS campus was built in the 1950’s. Through generous donations over the past few years we have been able to update classrooms, add new fencing, remodel student restrooms, and more. We are working hard to update our campus facilities and establish plans for large scale improvements in the future.
- CCCS continues to invest in new technologies. Thanks to generous donors in recent years we have been able to update our computer lab, purchase Google Expedition VR goggles, laptops, add additional iPads in elementary - 6th grade classrooms as well as purchase new software and online textbooks.
- Our athletic program produces excellent athletes of character, recognized for their sportsmanlike conduct on the playing field, as well as for their team and individual accomplishments. Designated donations help fund new equipment, training opportunities, and use of appropriate facilities so our athletes will be prepared to be their best.
- Fine Arts at CCCS is a popular component of our educational experience. Designated donations enable students to enjoy performing arts through choir, band, and drama; and fine arts through drawing, painting, ceramics and sculpture.
- Tuition Assistance and Scholarships. CCCS is committed to serving families at a variety of income levels. We keep tuition costs at competitive levels and provide additional tuition assistance to some families based on demonstrated need. In addition, CCCS is able to provide various scholarships. Visit our Scholarships and Tuition page for more information.
- Participation is key to our fundraising efforts. Two of our most prominent opportunities are our Imagination to Reality Campaign which occurs on in November and our Annual Auction event in March. The Imagination to Reality Campaign features opportunities to give toward projects that directly improve the school. Past projects have included new classroom furniture, landscaping, sports equipment, iPads, MPR renovation, virtual reality cart, document cameras, and more. The Auction and Crab Feed is a wonderful night out that features a live and silent auction, great food and lots of fun.
Ways to Give
Cash Gifts – the simplest and fastest way to give is via credit/debit card transactions, outright cash, personal or cashiers checks made payable to Contra Costa Christian Schools (CCCS). Gifts postmarked by December 31, 2020 will be given tax deductible receipts for the 2020 year.
Service Hours – At the beginning of every school year each family is required to pay their 30 hour service obligation amount as an upfront cost ($450.00). During the school year, many families complete this hour requirement, plus more! Instead of receiving the refund at the end of the year, please consider gifting it back to CCCS. Contact Kerin Jensen to gift your service hour refund.
Recurring Payment Plan – Set up a recurring payment plan from your chosen account automatically. Please click here for this option. (Don't forget to ask your employer if they have a matching program to DOUBLE your impact!)
Gifts of Appreciated Securities, Stocks, and Bonds that have been held long-term and have increased in value also provide considerable tax advantages when transferred to CCCS before they are sold. Such gifts are generally deductible from income tax at their full fair market values and also avoid capital gains tax on the increase in value of the stock that would otherwise be due on a sale. If you wish to transfer stocks from a broker’s account, CCCS has a brokerage account with Charles Schwab. Please consult with your tax advisor to see how you personally can benefit. Contact Kerin Jensen for more details.
Gifts of Real Estate – including personal residences, second homes, income property, and vacant land – offer a wide variety of tax benefits. By making a year-end gift of property, you can avoid the capital gains tax, and receive a charitable deduction for the full fair market value of the property.
Matching Gift Programs are an easy way to double or even triple your donation to CCCS. Many corporations offer matching gift programs, and will typically match all or a percentage of employee contributions to charitable organizations. Organizations that currently provide matching funds to CCCS include AT&T, Chevron, Kaiser, PG&E, Shell, Wells Fargo and Workday.
Gift Pledges – a formal statement of intention to make a gift to CCCS. With a pledge, you may complete your gift by making regular payments over time, completed by June 30, 2020.
Tribute and Memorial Gifts are a wonderful way to honor a special person. With your gift, you express your admiration and celebrate those whose memories fill your life. Please contact Maritere Guerrero for details.
CCCS is a 501c(3) corporation. Federal Tax ID 94-2722091.
All donations and gifts are 100% tax deductible. Please consult with your tax advisor for full details.